Thursday, May 12, 2011

Gettin' Filled Up

On Saturday, May 7, 2011, I went to the Wealthy Street Station, a local burger joint. I went with my family. The location used to be a gas station. This restaurant is famous for their "wealthy station burger", which is what I had. It has been called the best burger in town. They are so popular, you often have to wait 15 minutes or more for them! The burger weighs at least half a pound when cooked. It is topped with lettuce, tomato, deep fried onions and deep fried japalenos. There is a sauce made of something like thousand island dressing and maybe cayenne pepper to spice it up. I don't know what is in the sauce (maybe it's a secret recipe), but it compliments the burger perfectly. This is all sandwiched on a toasted pretzel bun. It's amazingly delicious. And very filling. I also had french fries and A & W root beer. If you go away from here hungry-it is your own fault. I was stuffed. My dad had a western style burger with barbecue sauce. They also serve Polish and Mexican food. Since it was a gas station, space is limited. There are 2-3 tables inside, and a few more outside. We always sit outside. Only the lucky few eat there. Everyone else has to take their burgers home. The decor inside is interesting. There are race car trophies of many colors. The walls are brown. There are advertisements of all kinds-drinks, instruments, tobacco, and other country things. I will say that the burgers are a bit pricey for fast food. But the burgers are delicious, and the experience is fun so it is worth it. I give 5 stars to Wealthy Street Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment