Monday, August 9, 2010

Factor in the Cheese(cake)

On Saturday, August 7, I went to the John Hancock building in Chicago. It is the second tallest building in Chicago. We went up 94 floors to the top. I saw the whole city of Chicago. It was awesome! After I went to the top of "Big John", I went all the way down to the very bottom to go to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We had to wait 1 hour and 10 minutes to get seated. That wasn't fun because I had to just sit around (until near the end when dad let us watch Bugs Bunny on his iPod) plus I was hungry. But it was worth the wait. Finally we got seated. Soon our waiter arrived with fresh bread. There was plain sourdough, and a pumpernickel with a nice chocolate flavor. We ate a lot of bread-like 6 or 7 loaves. I had corn dogs and fries for dinner. Corn dogs are hotdogs on a stick dipped in cornmeal batter, and then fried. It was really good. The service was good, and our waiter was friendly, but he seemed kind of distracted. He did bring my food quickly, before the adult entrees were ready. My parents and I both appreciated that. The dining room was big, busy, and very loud. The were bread decorations all around. I will go again so I can have some cheesecake. I didn't have any this time because Elsie was asleep, and Ethan was being cranky. I give Cheesecake Factory 3 stars. The food was good, but the wait was really long.
This will be my last blog as a 7 year old. I turn 8 on Thursday. Presents are optional, but gift cards to restaurants would be appreciated.=) Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment