Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Family style-Italian Style

On Sunday, October 3rd, I went to Pietro's for lunch. We had just had family pictures taken, and I was hungry. Like always, I went with my family. Pietro's is an Italian restaurante' on 28th Street. It specializes in family style dining, which is when you order multiple things and everyone shares. I had "pick a pasta/pick a sauce". I picked fettucini with meat sauce and a giant meatball. The meatball was almost the size of a baseball. It was chewy. The meat sauce was chunky and had lots of garlic. We had calamari with lemon juice squeezed on it. We also had oven fresh bread with olive oil. The olive oil had piles of cheese in it. You can usually watch them making the bread through the lobby window, but they weren't doing it this Sunday. I also tried my brother's pepperoni pizza, my dad's fettucini michael, and my mom's pasta with spicy sausage. Kid's meals are really cheap, only $.99, Sunday-Thursdays. It is a very good deal because it usually costs a lot of money, and you got a lot of food. In the lobby there are cooking pots, pans, and spoons hanging from the ceiling. There were old time photos, probably from Italy. It was kind of dark so they had oil lamps on each table. It was very clean. It wasn't too busy, though it usually is. It might be because people aren't eating out as much these days, or that it was a bit past lunch time and everyone was done. I will go again because the food was awesome! I give 5 stars for Pietro's!

1 comment: